What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is the principal strength and conditioning program for many police academies and tactical operations teams, military special operations units, champion martial artists, and hundreds of other elite and professional athletes worldwide.
Our program delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive. Our specialty is not specializing. Combat, survival, many sports, and life reward this kind of fitness and, on average, punish the specialist.
By not being a specialist you must be proficient in all areas to be considered universally fit:
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance -The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina - The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility - the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed - The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination - The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility - The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance - The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy - The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience. We’ve used our same routines for elderly individuals with heart disease and cage fighters one month out from televised bouts. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change programs.
The needs of Olympic athletes and our grandparents differ by degree not kind. Our athletes, skiers, mountain bike riders and housewives have found their best fitness from the same regimen.
To learn more about the science and success of CrossFit, download the free issue of the “CrossFit Journal.”
CrossFit is different from a typical gym program. All of our workouts are done in a coached environment where proper technique is highly emphasized. The coaches at CrossFit Hype in Boca Raton are not typical gym-style personal trainers – HYPE coaches are not only amazing athletes but they are professionals who are committed to helping each client achieve and exceed their fitness goals in a fun and supportive environment.
More about our coaches »
CrossFit Hype is not just a gym – it’s a diverse community that includes athletes of all ages and fitness levels.
More about our community »
CrossFit HYPE / HYPE Weightlifting, The Closest CrossFit Gym to Mizner Park and Palmetto Park Beach In East Boca Raton